Tuesday 11 October 2011

Building design

After being told that we were going to make a street in 3D I started thinking about what kind of street I wanted to make. I really like 17th century buildings, especially the whitewashed ones with wooden beams on the outside.  I would like to recreate a 17th century street but it's not that creative so I decided on a mix between sci-fi and 17th century.



 I researched a lot of sci-fi buildings but I didn't really like many aspects like the light colour scheme or the use of curves. Looking through I found this picture of a futuristic city-scape and I really liked the look of the glowing tinted windows and dark metal and I decided that's the kind of sci-fi I would like in my street.

For my street I came to the conclusion that a slightly collapsing 17th century house with sci-fi add ons and support would look cool. With this in mind I started to design a house as you can see below, I'm very proud of the design but as I was designing my street plan I realised that a street make of just similar buildings would be boring so I decided on having an old church with sci-fi add ons across the road with maybe a garden the the left of the house.

I decided to change my street 














No comments:

Post a Comment